Saturday, December 12, 2009

Final Blog/Poster Presentation

As the semester and this class is coming to a close, I have been reflecting back upon it. Overall, this class was very helpful and has taught me quite a few things about technology and its use in communication. I think all of the assignments have been worth while and fair, except for this poster presentation. The assignment was given too late in the semester when we should be focusing on more important things like finals. We had to take valuable time we could have spent studying to cut and glue pieces of paper together. The research on the technology itself was enlightening, but I think I spent more time trying to figure out how to make a poster 'engaging' than anything else. However, it was interesting to see things presented in a different way. The same old power point presentations can be redundant. I would suggest giving this assignment between the two papers instead of putting it off until this late in the semester. This would help displace some of the resentment that I and my fellow students may have felt about doing the project. That being said, I think this class was great. The topic I used for my presentation was the Google Chrome Operating System. It utilizes cloud computing and because no data is saved locally, it improves tremendously on the speed with which your machine operates. If you didn't see my poster, check it out here for yourself.

0 comments: